Chances of a baby being exposed to bacteria and falling sick are usually high in case the baby formula is not given the special care that it deserve. This means you have to make sure your baby care is correctly prepared and stored in a secure place. Below points explains how to prepare and store a baby formula.
Cleaning of Your Hands and Equipment
- 1. Using warm water and soap, make sure you have properly cleaned your hands, then dry them using a clean cloth.
- 2. Use a disinfector to disinfect the surface that you intends to use to prepare the baby formula, then use clean water to clean it.
- 3. Using hot, soapy water, thoroughly clean the items used for feeding and preparation. Remember to clean both inside and outside of the items
- 4. Make sure you have clean bottle brushes which you will use to clean the bottle nipples
- 5. Use safe water to rinse the equipment.
After you have cleaned the equipment you need to sterilize the equipment and you follow the following steps
- 1. Get a pot of water and put the clean equipment in the pot, remember to ensure the equipment is fully covered
- 2. Boil the water for one minute
- 3. Mix the hot water with a standard powdered formula, the powdered formula is used to kill bacteria
How to Prepare Powdered Formula
- 1. The first step is to wipe the container
- 2. Go through the instruction on the package, then from there you can decide the amount of formula you need to make
- 3. Choose a bottle that is BPA-free, and according to the amount of formula you want to make, fill it with sterilized water.
- 4. Every formula comes with a scoop, clean and dry the scoop.Put the formula in the scoop until it is full, then pour the formula in the scoop on top of the water
- 5. Close the bottle using the cap and the nipple then shake the bottle well.
In case you want to prepare the Liquid Concentrate formula, you should follow the following steps:
- 1) First, make sure you have wiped off the container
- 2) Before opening the bottle shake thoroughly
- 3) Measure the right amount of the formula and sterilized water and fill it in the bottle.
- 4) Using the cap and the nipple close the bottle and shake well
How to Prepare a Ready-to-use formula
- 1) The first step is to wipe off the container
- 2) Thoroughly shake the container then open it
- 3) Measure the formula, enough for one feeding, then pour it in a clean water.
- 4) Close the bottle using the cap and the nipple and shake thoroughly
How to Store Baby Formula
Although making formula for each feeding is the more recommendable, at times you may find you have no choice but to prepare the formula in advance. If that is the case, you should make sure the formula is made in a sterilized and clean container. The formula prepared from powder when stored in a refrigerator, they should last for 24hrs. The ready-to-use formula lasts longer since it lasts for 48 hours in the refrigerator. To ensure the quality of the formula is high, always label it with time.